In my spare time I've been putting together some information about the best places in Sydney to get craft beer. It's available on iOS if you want to take a look
If you're wondering how I make the labels for all of my homebrew then wonder no more. It's a quick and dirty web page that I put together, you can see it here. I just fill in the values, save the resulting image and print it on my home printer. If only attaching the labels to the bottles was as easy.
I've started keeping a daily journal of the various things I'm doing. Mostly for personal reflection.
I've been spending some time researching ways to make money online. So far I haven't cracked the code but have reviewed many potential sites. Hopefully this helps someone.
Did an update to my big album of beers. Now up to 975 beers which leaves me only 25 beers left this year to reach my goal. What will be #1000?
Positly is all about tracking opinions. It's not about being right or wrong but getting an understanding of what different people believe and think. With this data users can see how well their views line up with the majority as well as gain an understanding of how opinions relate to each other.
Unreal Engine 4
Project Drone: Day 3
Posted day 3 in my series on creating a game in libGDX.
The Big Album of Beers
Yet another trendy library
On top of Ember.js I've decided to use Bootstrap. Since I'm primarily a mobile dev it seems that my website should work correctly on a mobile device. Also my web skills aren't that great and it gives me a good starting point.
Moving to EC2
In addition to a completely redesigning the site I'm also moving to a new hosting provider. I've been meaning to get familiar with Amazon's EC2 for a while so I've decided to try and use a micro instance there. You can get this free for a year as long as your usage isn't too high
A new start for skorulis.com
Work continues on recreating skorulis.com from scratch. I've decided on a new approach (for me) building the website using Ember.js. The whole site is small enough right now that I can get away just building all the data sources directly into the code. I'll change this to use an API later on.